Nirvanix understands that your data sets vary in size and that data throughput and latency requirements differ based on use. That is why we offer several interface methods that help you optimize the performance and migration of large data sets.
Access to cloud storage without developing to an API
Nirvanix CloudNAS is a fast, secure, and easy way to capture the full benefits of enterprise cloud storage. Simply install Nirvanix CloudNAS to turn any server on your network into a gateway to the Nirvanix Cloud Storage Network without programming or developing to an API.
Accessible by your existing software and processes
Once installed, CloudNAS can be mounted as you would any storage device on your network. This means you can mount CloudNAS from your existing software and processes and gain access to virtually unlimited storage.
Encrypted data in flight and at rest
Nirvanix CloudNAS is the world’s first software-only NAS solution accessible via CIFS, NFS, or FTP. It offers enhanced secure data transfers to any of Nirvanix’s globally distributed storage nodes using integrated AES 256-bit encryption and SSL options.
- Protocols supported: CIFS or NFS – map drives from Linux or Windows
- Configurable HTTP or HTTPS data transfer
- Optional inline AES 256-bit encryption before data leaves your premises
- Drag & drop backup and restore
Performance and Management Features:
- Multi-threaded file transfer – Increases upload performance by as much as 500%
- Local cache management (cache-write throttling) – Ensures consistent upload performance by enabling configuration of the speed with which data is written to local cache, optimizing for your available bandwidth (currently a Linux-only feature)
- More transfer details – The new Upload Monitor displays pending and recently completed uploads and calculates upload performance for data transferred
- No-touch activation – Activation of CloudNAS is now keyless and associated with your Nirvanix account making installation even easier
- Improved updating – Automatic release notifications, background downloading of new versions, automatic update option, and silent installation enable effortless upgrades and scriptable installation
- Server-class hardware with minimum 2 GHz processor, 2 GB RAM
- Minimum recommended disk space: 200 GB with cache enabled or 100 GB with cache disabled
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (32- or 64-bit)
- CentOS (32-bit)
- SUSE 10 (32- or 64-bit)
- Ubuntu 9.0 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 (32-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit), Windows XP (32-bit)
- Additional Software:
- Linux – FUSE 2.7.3 or 2.7.4; Samba 3.3 or newer (if using CIFS)
- Windows – .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- High-speed internet connection with access to Nirvanix domains over Ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS)