We looked at lots of cloud storage providers and tested them all. We looked at the features like file sharing, syncing, and security to make sure they were good. We also checked how much they cost and made sure there was good customer service. This list shows which ones are the best down to the worst in order from top to bottom.
Best Cloud Storage Providers
- Get up to 10 GB of free storage.
- Sync solutions are great.
- Transfer speeds have no limit.
- Easy to use.
- File sizes can be as big as you want them to be.
- Encrypted on your computer for safety.
- Lifetime plans available.
- Servers in the US and EU countries too!
- Backup files on your computer automatically included
- The free plan does not have encryption for your computer.
- And there is no special chat or phone help available.
pCloud is a great cloud service. It offers the best protection, and you can upload and download at fast speeds. In the past it had some issues, but now it’s one of the best services around. The security is excellent and there are no limits for file size or speed. They also have a backup feature but it’s not their main focus.
pCloud is a great way to store your files. They don’t take up the storage space on your computer. You can access them from the cloud, and even save them for offline use. Lots of people are using pCloud, and more join every day!
Sync.com Cloud Storage Provider
- A Zero-Knowledge platform is a safe place to store your information.
- It can’t be seen by the US government.
- Your data will be encrypted so it’s private.
- You can get your money back if you don’t like it within 30 days.
- The platform is easy to use and modern, with lots of options for syncing, sharing and getting files back.
- There’s no limit on how much you can transfer from place to place.
- No help over the phone or through live chat for people.
Sync is a great storage option. They make sure your files are safe and secure. It is easy to use and modern too. You can also upgrade to get even better syncing and sharing options.
The prices are good compared to other companies. Plus, you can get help quickly from their customer service team.
Icedrive Cloud Storage Provider
- Good prices.
- Plans that last a long time.
- Easy to use on computers, phones, and tablets.
- Security to keep your information safe.
- People who help you quickly if you need it.
- Apps for Android and iPhones.
- Extra security using two passwords or codes when signing in.
- Payment with cryptocurrencies on lifetime plans.
Icedrive is a cloud storage provider from the UK. It is special because it has modern solutions and encryption to keep your information safe. It also allows you to stream videos, look at photos and documents, which are features you can use with cloud storage. They have good prices for lifetime plans too.
Cubbit Cloud Storage Provider
- Distributed secure cloud storage:
- This is a type of cloud storage that requires only one payment.
- You can add more hard drives to make it bigger.
- It tries to help the environment by reducing carbon dioxide.
- It is easy to get started and use.
- You can have up to 4 accounts with just one purchase.
- Your information will be private and encrypted so no one else can see it.
- There are people who can help you if you need assistance using this type of storage.
- Many features are still being worked on.
- You can share some things, but not everything.
- There is no trash bin or way to keep different versions of files.
- And there are no mobile applications yet, but they’re coming soon.
Cubbit is a company from Italy that helps to store your information. They use 256-bit encryption, which means they keep your data very secure. You can buy different sizes of storage space and don’t need to pay a subscription fee.
MEGA Cloud Storage Provider
- You get 15 GB of storage for free.
- It is very secure and keeps your information private.
- The sync client works well.
- The mobile app is helpful.
- You can use FTP connection too.
- At busy times, it can be slow.
- There are not many ways to get help if you need it.
MEGA is one of the best cloud storage providers. It is in the top 10 list of most efficient systems ever. MEGA got 5th place for best cloud storage service. It scored 85% on things like privacy, speed, extra features, syncing and sharing files.
This cloud storage has excellent security and privacy. It uses a special encryption system that only you can access. Nobody else will be able to get into your account, or see any of the data, files or folders inside it.
MEGA Cloud Storage has extra security with Two-Factor Authentication. It follows the GDPR rules as well. MEGA works with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. You can upload any size file or folder to it too.
MEGA is a cloud storage provider. It can only sync files, not folders. But it can still do selective syncing, which means that you choose what to sync and what not to sync.
MEGA can only keep files in sync.. But it still has a way to pick and choose what you want in the cloud.
This cloud storage service will take up space on your computer. It does not have an imaginary drive. With this cloud storage, you can share files with other people even if they do not have a MEGA Cloud Storage account. If you sign up for the Pro plan, you can also make the download link private with a password and set an expiry date.
Users don’t need to have a MEGA Cloud Storage account. The person with the link will never be able to see what is in the folder connected to the link. This makes sure your privacy stays safe.
This cloud storage service has MEGAchat. This lets you have private conversations, like chat, calls and video calls. They also have an app and you can connect to it with FTP connection.
Try the paid plans for 14 days. Enjoy fast downloading and uploading speeds. Share files easily. Use apps made just for this service. Keep all your files organized in one place.
Tresorit Cloud Storage Provider
- Try the paid plans for 14 days.
- Swiss laws keep your information safe and things you upload are encrypted.
- Uploads and downloads are fast.
- Easily share files with others.
- The applications are well made and help you organize your files.
- The downside is that there isn’t a lot of free storage.
- It can also be quite expensive.
- The premium plan costs €9.99 each month, but you only get 500 GB storage space and can use it on 5 devices.
Tresorit cloud storage got a 45% rating on price and plans, which is much lower than the ratings of its competitors. But it has lots of features and things it can do.
If you use Windows on your computer, you can get Tresorit cloud storage. It will work with Microsoft Outlook so you can share files in a secure way through emails. Then, it will automatically upload and store all your photos on the servers.
I recommend Tresorit for data security. It encrypts your files on your computer before sending them to the cloud storage provider. No one else can read the data without the encryption key, not even Tresorit. You keep that key private.
This data encryption is called client-side encryption. It uses a zero-knowledge system and two steps to make sure your account is safe. Tresorit follows the rules of GDPR and HIPAA.
This cloud storage provider has something special called an imaginary drive. This means it does not take up any space on your computer. Anything you save in the cloud will be shown on all devices that have your Tresorit account attached.
Tresorit keeps files safe in a cloud storage and uses imaginary drives to make sure nothing is lost.
You can also share links for files that are up to 2 GB in size. You can make as many shared links as you want with the premium plan.
Dropbox Cloud Storage Provider
- You can store and retrieve files easily.
- You can share with a lot of people.
- There are lots of support services to help you if you need it.
- There are also lots of extra apps like Zoom, Slack, Trello, and a password manager that you can use too.
- The service is a bit pricey.
- It does not keep backups of your data.
- You have to pay money to use some features.
- It does not encrypt your data.
- The government can access your information easily.
Dropbox is one of the best cloud storage companies. It got 79% for its performance in 8 areas. If it had not had a security problem in 2012, it would have scored higher.
Don’t think only bad things about Dropbox. It is one of the best cloud storage systems. It scored 95% for how well it can get files from the cloud.
To keep all the versions of your files longer, get the Professional plan. This plan will store all versions of your files for 180 days.
Dropbox has something special called “Rewind”. Dropbox also has a trash bin so you can keep track of what was deleted.
You can upload a file or folder up to 50 GB using their website.
Using block-level sync can make it faster to move files and folders from the cloud. It looks for and sends only the parts of the files or folders that have been changed, instead of sending all of them. This saves time.
Dropbox uses a very strong kind of encryption called 256-bit AES. It also has extra security like SSL/TLS and Two-Factor Authentication that helps keep your data safe. But it does not have something called zero-knowledge encryption, which means that the US government can look at your information if they need to, even if you don’t want them to.
Koofr Cloud Storage Provider
- You can choose between different prices.
- You can share files easily.
- It follows the rules GDPR set out.
- You can work with Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive
- Can track a lot of details.
- It can be tricky to use.
- You cannot save only the parts you change, and the free version will keep things for a short time only.
- Your data is not secure, and there is no way to get help directly from someone while you are using it.
It got an 81% rating for 8 different things that it can do. It did even better when people tried out how easy it was to use, share files, and use special features. Those ratings were between 90% and 95%.
This cloud storage provider is very safe and secure. It uses a special encryption to protect your files and folders from any unauthorized access. This encryption is called 256-bit AES data encryption. When you send files to the provider, they are also protected with another type of encryption called SSL on top of TLS data encryption.
Your files are safe and private with this cloud storage provider. They don’t allow anyone to track your data. This provider follows the laws that protect your data like the GDPR and HIPAA. All of their data centers in Germany have been checked to make sure they keep your data secure.
This cloud storage provider is special because they send your files to 3 different servers and data centers. This means that if one of the places gets damaged, your files can still be recovered. So you won’t lose any data.
This cloud storage provider does not have a way to make sure your data is safe. But there is something you can do. You can use the Rclone tool to make sure your data stays private. This is only for people who know a lot about technology and who are comfortable setting up the Rclone tool.
Koofr is exciting because it lets you access files and folders on Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive. Even if you are just logged in to Koofr, you can still get to the files from those 3 places.
You can look at the activity page to make sure you don’t miss anything. The system will also tell you about every change or action that takes place in your account.
Koofr also has a trash bin where you can find deleted files for up to 7 days. This is not as long as other cloud storage, but it still works for most people.
Koofr can save up to 5 different versions of any file you edit. That way, you can look back at the old versions and compare them with what you have now.
You can get it for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices.
Google Drive Cloud Storage Provider
- You can use Google Apps.
- There are lots of helpful programs you can add.
- Does not protect your information with special encryption.
- It also does not have some features for teams.
- The client for synchronizing is basic and the speed to download or upload could be faster.
- You are limited in how you can share things.
Even though it only has a score of 79%, Google Drive is still ranked 9th on the list.
Google Drive is very secure. They use 128-bit AES encryption which is very hard to break, even by hackers using supercomputers. This makes it almost impossible for anyone to get into your information.
Before sending your files and folders to the cloud storage system, they are encrypted. That means that no one can read them. There is no way to encrypt your files on the client side for this platform.
Data privacy is a bit uncertain even though there are lots of rules to follow. These rules come from GDPR, PIPEDA, and HIPAA.
If it reaches the maximum number before 30 days, it will start deleting earlier versions of the file. You get to choose which version you want to keep permanently.
You can take pictures and upload them to the cloud storage. You can also upload other types of files, like documents, PDFs, photos, music and videos from your phone.
OneDrive Cloud Storage Provider
- Students and teachers can use it for free.
- Easy to use.
- Synchronizes files quickly.
- You cannot share with many people.
- Your information is not safe.
- You cannot sync any folder you want.
- The maximum size for files is small.
You can tell it to upload your files to the cloud without saving them on your computer.
OneDrive is a great tool if you need more space on your computer. You don’t have to get rid of it completely.
You don’t need that much space for documents, pictures or short videos.
Dropbox and OneDrive both have secure systems to protect your data.
OneDrive has a cool feature called “block-level sync”. You can also edit Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint files right in OneDrive.
How We Came Up With The Best Cloud Storage Providers
I did not pick the most popular, advertised, or used solutions. Instead, I spent a lot of time researching and reading reviews to make sure each service is good. For each one, I looked at certain things that are important for cloud computing today.
The reviews for cloud storage services are always changing. We compare all of the services based on their features. This list of reviews changes often, so we update it too.
- Price and plans: How easy it is to use.
- Syncing files: Putting files together.
- Sharing files: Giving someone else a copy of your file.
- Getting files back: Finding the file you need again.
- Security: Keeping your information safe.
- Online help: Getting help over the Internet if you need it.
- Extra features: Anything extra that comes with the program or service.
Pricing and subscription plans
The service needs to be affordable for people. If it is too expensive, they will choose a different provider even if that one isn’t as good.
People usually want to spend less money. This means that more people buy the cloud storage services from companies who have lower prices than the competitors with higher prices.
People can get this offer by telling their friends about the service. They can do this by email or on social media. They can also download the cloud storage provider’s desktop client to get it.
Ease of use
It is important to look at how easy it is to use the cloud storage service. Check if the service offers a one-click registration with an existing Facebook, G-Mail or Twitter account. This can make it quicker and easier to sign up for the service.
When signing up for an account, you need to make sure that the company is not asking for too much information. Some companies may ask for credit card details or bank information even if you are only getting a free trial account or permanent fee plan. Make sure this is okay before giving away any personal information.
This can be annoying and inconvenient. If they ask for this information, it is best to stay away from them. Do not give out confidential details about yourself if you don’t have to.
When looking for a good cloud storage service, check how easy the system is to use. See if the menu options are clear and you can find what you need quickly. That will help you use it more effectively.
Also check if they allow you to edit documents.
A cloud storage system has an imaginary drive. This means it won’t use extra space if someone else sends a file or document to you. It will only use up your space if you upload the file first. pCloud is one of these cloud storage services, but remember that most of them have a sync folder on your computer or laptop.
Cloud storage providers use the sync folder system. This means that files will be copied to all your devices like a laptop, tablet, and smartphone. The file will take up space on each device and in your cloud storage account.
When using cloud storage, you should find out how fast files upload and download. People don’t want a slow system. Also, find out the file size limit for uploading files. Different companies have different limits.
Not all providers have this feature, so it’s crucial to gather information about it. If the provider offers it, you should explore the advanced menu options to see if there is a submenu for assigning and changing permissions for the person you’re sharing the folder with.
When someone is given permission to view something, you have two choices. You can give them permission to only look at things, or you can give them full access. Full access means they can see and change anything in the shared folder.
Different cloud storage providers have different rules. Some will keep them forever unless you delete them permanently. Others will delete them after a certain number of days. Check with your provider to see which rule applies to you.
Data encryption is a way to keep information safe. Different types have different levels of safety. They use different sizes of keys and blocks, and do different things with the data.. It helps us know how secure the service is
This helps protect it from hackers and people who are trying to get your private data. You should also check if the cloud storage service uses TLS/SSL when sending information. That will also help keep your data secure.
Companies that offer cloud storage need to follow rules from the EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss- Privacy Shield. They also have follow the International Safe Harbor Privacy Principles. And for health information, they should use the HITECH Act.
But if you don’t know how to use them, it doesn’t help. That’s why there is customer online support. If something goes wrong, the customer online support can help fix it.
The customer online support system should be available all the time to help people with their questions. Check if the service provider has user manuals and a FAQ page. See if they have videos that show how to use the service. That can help you decide which one is best for you.
When choosing a cloud storage provider, you should check if they have phone support. If not, make sure they have email customer support and a live chat system. This way if there are any problems, you can get help quickly.